- Type of project
- 01.06.2013 ->
About the project
We are a research group focusing on innovation challenges facing the Maritime, Offshore and Subsea industries.
We combine new technology with a user-centered approach. Design practice and design outcomes are fundamental in our research. It is design practice in the sense of multiple disciplines such as graphic design, product design, interaction design, sound design and service design. We aim to push the boundaries for research in the meeting of design practice and technology development.
Our approach is characterized by advanced visualization, tangible demonstrators and rapid iterations in cross-disciplinary teams.
This is an international network project that aims to host large research projects that covers our shared research interests in design-driven innovation in the ocean industries. Currently this includes research within themes of:
- Knowledge of and methods for designing for complex and risk intensive contexts
- Data for design: Research-based knowledge of operations, users and contexts
- Labs and infrastructure for design
Partners with passion for innovation can join the network and partake in:
– the development of new ideas for research projects and design
– contributing to the scientific understanding of research-driven and design-based innovation in the context of the ocean industries
– forming new constellations of collaboration both at the national and international level
– the dissemination of research results and academic discussions.
Ocean Industries Concept Lab is coordinated by the Oslo School of Architecture and Design.
Industry partners: Ulstein Group, Kwant Controle, DNV GL
Research partners: Aalesund University College, Vestfold University College